- The information that we collect and how it will be used;
- Your right to access or update your Personally Identifiable Information ("PII");
- Your right to opt-out of receiving communications from us; and
- Our pledge to have reasonable security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information under our control.
Notice of Change
Collection of Information
While the word "privacy" may mean different things to different people, we believe that once you understand how your information will be used, the steps we take to protect your PII, and the resulting benefits to you, you will feel confident when sharing information with us. One key is that we do not rent, sell or share your PII to anyone without your consent. Additionally, you will not be contacted by any third-party without your consent. American Trailer Parts, LLC collects two types of information about you when you visit our website: PII and non-personal, aggregated information, such as information about the pages on our website you have visited and your IP address.
- Requests for Information Forms—Our requests for information forms require that you provide us with PII. This information is used to contact you and to process your requests for information. We will also use this information to contact you about the services we offer, as well as to send you site and service announcement updates.
- Electronic Mail—We will also gather PII when you send us an e-mail. We will use your PII to respond to your email, and we may use your PII to send you notifications about our services.
- When you register for a American Trailer Parts, LLC Account—When you register for a American Trailer Parts, LLC account, we collect Personally Identifiable Information that is necessary to provide Products and Services. You must provide your name and email address. You also must choose a password, which will be required to gain access to portions of our site reserved for registered customer use. We might also request your ZIP code. You may elect to provide other information, including credit card information to be used to pay invoices through our secure website, which you can store on our website for ease of use.
- What we do NOT do: We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, Member ID, or website username or password in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. Identity theft and the practice known as “phishing” are of great concern to us. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is our priority.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information—American Trailer Parts, LLC collects anonymous browser information from visitors to our website. This information is not personally identifiable and is not linked to any individual person. To collect this information, we may store information in the form of a "cookie" on your computer. Cookies allow us to tailor our website, and they help us better respond to your interests and preferences. With most Internet Browsers, you can erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your Browser instructions or Help screen to learn more about these functions.
- Referrers, IP Addresses and Other Non-Personal Information—American Trailer Parts, LLC collects information through "referrers," IP addresses and various environmental variables. A "referrer" is information the web browser passes along to the American Trailer Parts, LLC web server that references the URL from which you came. The "IP address" is a number used by computers on the network to identify your computer so that data can be transmitted to you. "Environmental variables" include, among other things, the domain from which you access the Internet, the time you accessed our website, the type of web browser and operating system or platform used, the Internet address of the website you left to visit American Trailer Parts, LLC, the names of the pages you visit while at our website, and the Internet address of the website you then visit. We collect all of this information to allow us to detect broad demographic trends, to provide information tailored to your interests, and to enhance your experience on the American Trailer Parts, LLC website.
- Profiling—To help us improve our website and to ensure that we make every effort to provide you with information and offers that are of interest to you, we may merge your information with click-stream data and other data we have, including offline data. We will provide notice of this, as well as an opportunity to opt-out of it, at the time and place of information collection and before data is entered into our system. We may also develop a non-identifiable profile on you based upon the pages within our website that you visit.
Choices Regarding the Use of Your Information
You may choose not to provide American Trailer Parts, LLC with any contact information/PII. However, if that occurs, we will be unable to process your request for information and you will not be able to access many parts of the American Trailer Parts, LLC website. If you would like to unsubscribe to any of our services or would like us to remove you from any of our online mailing lists, send an email to email@example.com. Please include your name and the e-mail address you wish to unsubscribe in the body of the message. In some cases, American Trailer Parts, LLC may also provide you with an opt-out of some services in e-mail messages that you receive from American Trailer Parts, LLC.
Information Sharing: Blogs and Social Networks
Some American Trailer Parts, LLC websites allow you to participate in "blog" discussions and other forms of social networking. Please be aware that these blogs and social networks are accessible to other users. We urge you to not submit any personally identifiable information to these sites because any information posted on a blog can be read, collected, shared, or otherwise used by anyone who accesses the site. American Trailer Parts, LLC is not responsible for the information you choose to submit in these forums.
Accessing and Updating Your Information
We strive to keep our customer records as accurate as possible. Please let us know if you see any inaccuracy in your information or if your information changes. You may request such changes by contacting your dedicated customer service representative at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by accessing your account online and updating your account information.
Resale or Disclosure of Information to Third-Parties
The information you enter is stored on our servers in a password-protected, personal account. We use Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") technology. All information is stored behind a secure computer firewall, a barrier that prevents outsiders from accessing our servers. To verify that you have a secure connection, look for the locked padlock symbol at the bottom of your browser window or the HTMLS-code in the site connection-identifier. When you access your account information, the information is kept on a secure server.
While we implement the above security measures, you should be aware that 100% security is not possible. If you have any questions about the security of American Trailer Parts, LLC's website, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Notice to/Regarding Children under the Age of 13
American Trailer Parts, LLC does not target children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly request PII from any child under the age of 13 without parental consent. When we do receive such information, we delete it as soon as we discover it and do not use it or share it with third-parties.
Do Not Track
American Trailer Parts, LLC, does track its customers over time and across third-party websites to provide intelligent advertising, and does not respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals. In addition, some third-party sites may keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your web browser may allow you to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked. Please review your web browser’s internet options for more details.